Sunday, August 5, 2012

First of Many...

Cohan being a boy, I know that we are going to have lots of skinned knees, busted lips and broken bones.  We have done the skinned knees almost weekly, but the busted lip was new to us. 
Last Sunday, it seemed to be pretty nice in the morning.  We told Cohan that when he woke up from nap, we would go to the park for a little bit.  Of course, he remembered and it was HOT!  We figured we could last about 20 minutes.
When we got to the park, it was empty.  We decided to let him play, and Ireland and I found a "cool" place in the shade.  After about 15 minutes, I told Scott to start telling Cohan it was time to go.  I headed to the car to get Ireland in and get it started and cooled.  I heard Cohan start crying, but figured it was because he didn't want to leave.  Then, Scott brought him and he had blood coming from his mouth and all over Scott's shoulder.  Apparently, Cohan missed a step and knocked his chin just right.  After LOTS of tears, no eating or drinking, more tears, a horrible bedtime, more tears, waking in the middle of the night, and a doctor's visit he is just fine.  His bottom teeth busted his lip and his top lip was cut inside. 
I know that there will be lots more of these, but as a mom, my heart broke for him.  Here are some pictures of the lip.  Poor little guy couldn't even talk right.   
Proud to report that less than 24 hours later, he was eating and drinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment