Both kiddos are having a great year so far!
Cohan has become quite the reader. We catch him all the time with his nose in a book. Before bed, we often find him in his chair or bed reading. He blows through chapter books. He has loved second grade, having his sister at the same school, field trips and friends.
Ireland has been a sponge since starting kindergarten. She shocks us quite often with words she writes and reads and knowledge she is gaining. I also love looking out my classroom window and seeing her play with lots of different friends.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last two months...
Ireland loved a field trip to Peach Tree Farms and pumpkin patch. I was very thankful to Kim and a few other moms for the pictures.
Scott got to meet her for lunch.
I love seeing Ireland's work in the halls.
We love all riding to work/school together each day.
Ireland loves helping me in my classroom.
They love seeing each other in the halls. I love that someone captured it for me.
Ireland is loving school, reading and writing.
She even worked on a homework page all about her.
Cohan is our mathematician. He is constantly asking for new tougher problems. He also loves teaching us math games at home. He has mastered large addition and subtraction problems and is now interested in multiplication. I love how his brain thinks.
I even got to be a Mystery Reader in Cohan's classroom one day. I loved it!
The kids' school did a fundraiser. We are usually the people that do a buy out option. Unfortunately, this year that wasn't an option. So, we sold stuff. Both kids sold enough that they got to sit VIP at a BMX bike show, meet the people and then even go in a money machine to catch money.
It was all pretty cool!
Money machine...
Ireland got a little scared to go in the machine, so she asked one of my students to do it for her. Ireland was very thankful.
Ireland has LOVED getting to ride the bus every once in awhile. Thanks to Nanny for always meeting them so they can do this and Mommy can work and do meetings without kiddos.
Of course they love the Orange Leaf after.
We are having a GREAT year so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment