Sunday, January 8, 2012

Family Time Saturday

I had been talking to Scott lately about how different life is going to be for us with two kids. We are so comfortable with Cohan. We can take him anywhere, he gets along with everyone, and he's pretty independent. After Christmas break, I had a little sad moment. I realized that spring break will be the last time that it will be just Cohan and I staying home.

Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER excited for baby #2, but am now just realizing how different life will be for Cohan makes me a little sad. I told him yesterday that he was a spoiled little boy. His response was, "Yup!" He gets 100% of the attention and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Scott e-mailed me on Friday and made some family plans for Saturday. I was pretty excited about our family day...

Even though it is January, we have taken Cohan to the park for the last three days with us. He even went Friday during the day with the Ramsey's. That is unheard of. We have loved the weather and he has loved playing outside and taking walks in the neighborhood. Saturday started with breakfast at home and then going to look at some houses for sale. Then of course... the park!





After the park, we headed out to lunch with friends. Then Cohan took a nap before his first trip to a basketball game!

I have been working on research with professors from the University for about two years now. Some were telling me that we should take Cohan to see a women's basketball game. They said how uncrowded the games were, how kid friendly it was and how many kids went. Scott and I had talked about taking Cohan to a basketball game, so we decided to start with the women's game to see if he would even enjoy it. We figured he would last until maybe half time. Boy, were we wrong. Cohan was a clapping, cheering, popcorn eating machine. When the crowd got excited, he would yell, "Go Tigers!" He made friends with the ladies in front of us and the older couple on the side of us. He was high-fiving everyone. Needless to say, we will be returning.



We ended the day with a dinner out at Addison's... just the three of us!

2 comments:

  1. This is cute! I know what you are feeling-I feel bad doing it to Avery twice:) Now I am fearing the physical act of having the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sadness is totally normal! I remember going through the same thing before I had Vincent...and Cole was only 18 months old. I will tell you this though, Cohan's little world is going to change in a big way, but you will be amazed at how well kids adapt and he will love and thank you one day for the most amazing gift you are giving him...a sibling! :) Watching an older sibling play with and love a younger sibling is the most incredible thing to watch.

    ReplyDelete