Monday, March 12, 2012

Cohan's Construction Birthday Party

I am a little late at posting this, but better late than never!  I was busy this weekend with my mom getting Ireland's nursery and Cohan's big boy room completed!  Pictures to come later.

When I asked Cohan a few months ago what he wanted for his birthday party, he simply said, "Tractors!"  I knew that a construction party would be perfect!  
Decorations were fun and super easy.  Since kids were going to be painting, we decorated our garage and let the kids have at it!  I used caution tape, cones, a work bench, tools and tractors we already owned to decorate. 
On amazon.com I found cute things for the kids to take home with them.  Each kiddo got a rubber "construction" duck, an apron that I ironed their names on, a construction cone cup, a hard hat with their name and a bird house they painted while they were at the party.   
Before anyone got to our house, Cohan saw his cake!  immediately, he pulled up his "time out chair" as a stool, helped himself to a plate and sang himself Happy Birthday before asking for a piece.  He was heartbroken that he had to wait for his friends. 
Finally, his friends and cousins arrived and the painting began.  I thought the bird houses were sort of construction-y since it was made with wood?!  Either way, they loved it and Cohan's is on display at our house with his name and the date on the bottom to save as a memory.

Cohan having a hard time sharing with his cousin, Mack.

 
Just a couple of the finished products!  Cohan's is on the left.

Happy Birthday to Cohan!!!

Opening Gifts!

Mild meltdown sharing the limelight...

New t-ball stand from Uncle Pooh and Aunt Meagan


After everyone left, Cohan saw his birthday cake on the kitchen table.  He decided he needed anther round of cake and singing.  Uncle Pooh, Aunt Meagan, Aunt Boo Boo (Betsy),  Uncle Matt, Scott, my mom and I were all there to help him celebrate (again).
Overall, Cohan had an awesome time with all his friends.  It is so fun to watch all these kids play together.  HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY TO OUR BIG BOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment