Wednesday, December 5, 2012

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

Sunday was tree cutting day!  Scott and I have been doing this at Star Pines Tree Farm for years.  We love their warm apple cider, farm fresh eggs, Amish sweet treats, the homemade wreaths and just the experience. 
This year was a little different because the weather was (dare I say) hot.  I mean we were sweating and stripped layers as we left.  It didn't feel like Christmas Tree cutting weather.  But hey, this mom is NOT complaining!  It was beautiful!!!
Cohan was in a hurry to get everyone's trees cut so he could get back on that tractor for another ride!
Cohan loved watching the tractor. 
Our tree!
When we got back in town, Scott left to help his mom and Jack get their trees in their stands.  The kids and I took the opportunity to play outside, talk to neighbors and do a little outdoor clean up.  Ireland loved playing in the grass.  Cohan kept a close eye on her and an even closer eye on his sweet ride while he sat with his sister.  
When Scott got back, he and I got our tree in the stand and Cohan wanted to help... 
So did Ireland... 
Monday night, we finished the tree.  I love our house around the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment