Monday, March 25, 2013

Dying Eggs

Well, this week is spring break.  Spring break that brought 9.5 inches of snow yesterday.  It also brought a sick boy and a teething baby.  Yesterday was spent snuggling our kiddos.  Cohan's temp got up to 103.8 and Ireland went through three outfits because she is drooling like a leaking faucet.
But today is a new day.  Everyone woke up happy.  Everyone slept in.  (Both kids are currently napping.  At the same time.  In their own beds.  THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!)  It has been awesome.  So I decided to start getting ready for Easter.  We colored our eggs with crayons.    
Then we began the dying process.  I HATE the smell of dying eggs, until last year when I found a recipe using kool-aid.  It takes a little longer, but the eggs smell awesome, they don't stain everything and they make pretty pastel colors.  
 When we were finished Cohan asked if he and Ireland could color a picture of the Easter bunny for the fridge.  Usually, we have this done by now.  He always has a picture on the fridge of impending holidays or things he has done at Miss Allie's house.  He asked for a wagon with eggs and the Easter bunny.  So, this mama got creative.  With a little searching on the Internet for idea, I took my sharpie and started drawing.  It might not be perfect, but our printer is broke so I drew something.  He was happy and cheered me on.  It is still a work in progress.  He keeps getting it off the fridge to add more...  
I am feeling pretty craftastic so watch out!!  
We have a play date Wednesday with two more fun things for our kids to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment