Thursday, July 25, 2013

Keeping Busy

I feel so lucky to be a mom that is a teacher.  I have the best of both worlds.  I get to work at a job I love and then, I get to spend all the holiday breaks with my kids and then, the ENTIRE summer.  I love it.  Are there times when I want to pull my hair out?  Yes.  But, those times are few and far between compared to the times that the kids and I are laughing and having fun.  

This summer, I vowed to make it about them.  What they wanted to do.  Each day, we get out of the house and do something.  Play with friends, meet someone for lunch, go to the park, hit up Barnes and Noble... something.  But, 9 times out of 10, you can find us at the pool. 

Cohan and Ireland have become quite the water bugs this summer.  Cohan is so independent and just last week starting swimming (with his floater) with his face completely under.  He jumps in and goes completely under and loves it.  Of course, Ireland sees this and wants to try.  She loves it too.  Each day, we pack lunch and meet friends at the pool.  So many of our friends belong to the same pool, so someone is always there.


Last night, on a whim, we took the kids to the Boone County Fair.  I had never been.  
Cohan LOVED riding the rides.  Ireland loved the lemonade shake-up.


It is always, about this time each summer, that I start to get sad about summer being over.  I have been working in my new classroom trying to unpack and get it ready, while still wanting to spend lots of time with the kids.  We still have two weeks left and we are going to jam pack it full of fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment