Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring Break - Part 2 FUN!!!

I had thrown around the idea of taking the kids to visit my sister and Dujuan in Seattle.  She ended up coming to visit.  

So Betsy and I decided to take the kids somewhere they would enjoy.  We talked about St. Louis or Kansas City, but Betsy mentioned Branson... 50% joking, 50% serious.  We went with it.  We packed the kids up on Wednesday morning and headed to Branson.  There aren't a lot of people that I would do this with.  I'm so lucky to have a best friend like Betsy.    
Once we arrived at the hotel, the kids were so excited!!!
We immediately unpacked and headed to part of the downtown.
We took a train ride to see it all.
The kids spotted a Build a Bear.  We decided... why not?!?!  Elsa and Anna for Sofia and Ireland and Batman for Cohan.
After a torrential downpour, dinner at an Irish pub and running in the rain, we made it back to the hotel in time for a night swim!
The next day was Silver Dollar City.  It was cold, but warmed up in time to enjoy lots of rides!
That night was a picnic in the hotel room!
and drinking...
and more swimming!
The next morning we "Rode the Ducks!!"  The ride took us on a scenic tour of Branson.  Then the truck drove right into the water.  The captain let the kids drive.  They loved it!
What a fun little mini-vacation!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment