Ireland has LOVED Pre-K this year. She is now independently writing her name and seems more and more into letters and school altogether. One thing that she was SUPER excited about was riding a bus and going on a field trip. Her first field trip was last week. They went to the Dairy Farm. She was nervous about the poop smell, but Uncle Matt went and stayed with she and Sofia.
They had a great time!!
They had a great time!!
Ireland is still dancing to her own beat. Her teacher always captures photos of Ireland that are so "her." That girl has a song in her heart. I love her free spirit.
Cohan is still loving Beulah. One thing I really love is seeing Cohan with his friends that he's grown up with. Lots of our friends' kids go to Beulah and Cohan loves seeing them each day.
Last year, Cohan became a reader. He loved it, but this year, it has grown. I catch him reading at night and not going to sleep, wanting to read to us and just loving books. My teacher heart loves this. I love listening to him ask questions about the plot of the book and decode words he's not sure about.
Last week, I was sneaking in Cohan's classroom to drop off a raincoat and he called me over to his table. He showed me his personal narrative he'd been working on. He was so proud. He wrote an entire story about our trip to Springfield and the State Fair. I love his story and illustrations.
I also love when he stops by my classroom to drop off goodies he's been making in his classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment