Tuesday, May 28, 2013

my boy and his name

Friday, on Cohan's last day at Ms. Allie's house, he made her a card.  I had asked him to pick one out when we were at Hallmark the week before.  He picked out one with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger hugging.  When he was done coloring it, I asked him to sign his name.  To my shock, he began talking himself through his letters.  C (around and stop), O (big circle), H (line down, line down and cross) A (down, down and cross) and then N (down, up and around).  I was in shock.  I was so excited to show Alison.  She said they had been working on it for a little over a week.  They wanted to surprise me.  It worked!!!

I had him re-do it (a million times since) to show Scott.  I only gave him a note card this time, so he had to make it on two lines.  I know nothing about early childhood and development, but this momma is proud of my boy.  Now, the teacher in me will start correcting that backwards C (he does that half the time) and work on our N.  But right now, I smile at this milestone for my big guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment