My sister called me yesterday to ask why I hadn't updated the blog. Actually, she said (dripping with sarcasm), "Geez, what a terrible mom, not updating the blog and being busy with your kids." I looked back at my camera after I got home. I realized in over two weeks I have not picked it up.
There wasn't a single picture.
I emptied my cell phone pictures and found a few, but it didn't do justice to the last two jam packed weeks we have had. We have had play dates with cousins and friends, princess bounce house birthday parties, friends over for dinner, enjoyed a Mother's Day together, fun nights (now that it's nice) outside with neighbors and friends and more. Here's a quick recap.
We have...
Played LOTS of "fireman to the rescue."
Been driving and riding with friends at daycare.
Learned how to give the "stink eye".
Visited friends with a sweet new baby.
Bought a new batch of summer shoes for the kids and enjoyed walking around downtown.
Had a few trips to Menard's... which always means Root Beer.
Learned how much Ireland loves Crab Rangoon.
Learned how to rough house with each other.
Drank fresh smoothies like it's our job.
Made our annual trip to Strawberry Hill to get plants.
And then planted all our pots, flowers and such.
Found our new favorite Mexican restaurant. They make Cohan his own "special drink" (virgin strawberry daiquiri . He now asks to go every time we pass it.
Given in and let Ireland have a free cookie from HyVee just like Cohan. It's just not worth the fight.
She almost made it to a year...
Enjoyed cocktails on the patio...
But more importantly, we have just hung out together.
We have played a LOT outside and loved every minute of it. Both our kids are getting so much more independent in their own ways. Cohan wants to try everything himself, pee outside and constantly play and Ireland wants to climb, run, climb, try everything Cohan does and climb some more.
Sorry for the picture overload.
On a side note... Our sweet little puppy turns 8 tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIGGS!!!
Have a great end of the week!
I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm ready for the weekend already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment