Even though today is our second snow day and we haven't been to school since December 20th, I am still sad to go back. I'm really excited to see my students and co-workers, but am super bummed about being away from my two kiddos. Bright side... three days and then it's a weekend!
(Thanks for the positive, Beth!)
Our break has been super busy. We have had play dates and activities everyday. Yesterday was the only day of break that we didn't leave the house once, but did have friends over. I have been really bad about taking pictures with my camera this break. I made a vow to play and be present with both kids for break. I loved it. Here is a quick re-cap of our break.
It started a little sad with saying bye-bye to Toots. Toots left a special message for Cohan and Ireland. Cohan even got a little weepy that night saying goodbye. Ireland still keeps walking around calling Toots.
We had lots of play dates with my best friend Betsy and her daughter, Sofia. My mom got them BFF necklaces. They were really excited to wear them together.
Lots of time with girl toys!!
More play dates at the Matz's house. Cohan loves all the boy toys there and the 5 little boys to play with! Ireland and Sofia like the baby toys. Both my kids are obsessed with the two babies.
These 8 kids got to spend lots of time at each others houses!!
New Year's with friends...
Practicing his shot. In underwear.
Cohan had a dentist appointment and Ireland had an 18 month check-up. Both did awesome!
We went with Avery and Mack and Aunt Beth and saw the movie Frozen.
Such a cute movie and even cuter kids!
We had friends over for the Mizzou Cotton Bowl game...
Ireland learned how to take selfies (seriously, I found LOTS on my phone)...
More play dates and lunch dates...
Then, it snowed. And was REALLY cold. Didn't seem to bother Ireland.
She loved "sledding" down the drive in her Cozy Coupe.
We made homemade pretzels...
Ireland watched her first "princess girl movie" and this was her reaction the whole time.
I feel like maybe we have deprived her...
And we played LOTS of indoor games.
More play dates...
Snuggles on the couch during quiet time...
Hot chocolate...
Babysitting...
And my new favorite thing: Cohan reading to Ireland...
This was such a fun Winter Break!!
Oh I miss my kids already too!
ReplyDelete