Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Poor Baby

My poor little guy has had a cough since last week. It wasn't anything horrible, just a cough. Saturday night, he went to bed like normal, then woke up in the middle of the night and was up most of the night. Sunday morning was no better. He refused to be put down, wouldn't really eat or drink and was just not himself. Once we got some medicine down him, he was so much better. My dad was here and Cohan started to act like himself again. We thought he was better, except for the cough he just couldn't shake.

Monday, we woke up to a snow day. Cohan's amazing pediatrician's nurse called to check on him. I told her about how he was doing better, only a slight temp and cough. She told me that I needed to bring him in because they were worried it was pneumonia.

I took him to the doctor's office as soon as he woke up. They were very concerned about the cough. I then had to take him for chest x-rays. It wasn't until I stood up from behind the table that Cohan was getting his x-rays on that the nurse realized I was pregnant and couldn't be in the room. They had to call for another nurse to come hold him in this contraption while he got his x-rays. It broke my heart to hear him scream my name and not be able to do anything.

Sure enough, after the results came, he has a nasty case of pneumonia and a bad ear infection (our first). They took his oxygen levels and said some antibiotics and a close eye and he should be fine.

I was totally ok with all the snuggles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment