Every time I go to Target, I can find something in the Dollar Bins. Last week I went and found EXACTLY what I didn't know I was looking for!
We love fall around here. We love the cool weather, the activities outside, the colors, decorations, but more importantly, we have been trying to talk to Cohan about the "message" fall brings. We have talked a lot about Thanksgiving and being grateful for the things we have in our lives. I saw on Pintrest a thankful tree a family had made. I pinned it two years ago. Never have gotten around to doing anything with it. That's where Target comes in...
As I was looking through the picked over bins, I found this turkey and this tree.
We sit down as a family for dinner every night at the kitchen table. For three nights, we talked to Cohan about things he loves and is thankful for. That's a tough concept for a two year old. He came up with boat rides, Mommy, Ireland, tractors, dump trucks and Daddy. He decorated his turkey, told me where to glue the eye and nose and.....
Another cool thing was the thankful tree I found. Scott and I came up with TONS of things we are thankful for from our family, our health, our friends, morals we've been taught and more.
Cohan loves to grab his turkey and show everyone that comes by!
Thanks Target for making us stop and realize what this season is all about. I might even go back to Target and by ten more so we can do this every year and each year we can look back...
No comments:
Post a Comment