Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve & Christmas Morning

 "At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
~ Marjorie Holmes~
 
There was something special about being home for Christmas this year.  Seeing the excitement on Cohan's face, starting new traditions and waking up in our own house was amazing.
 
After Christmas Eve mass, we headed home to open a Christmas Eve box and eat dinner with Uncle Pooh and Aunt Meagan.  Scott and I had talked about making a new tradition for Christmas Eve.  So, I'm not going to lie, I found the Christmas Eve box idea on Pinterest.  :) 
 
The kids opened their box.  In it was a Christmas movie, matching PJs to wear, popcorn and hot chocolate.  Cohan was very excited about the popcorn and hot chocolate. 
This girl loves to eat paper!
 At home, my MeMo always makes hot ham and cheese sandwiches.  Scott and I love them.  This year, I got the recipe from her and made them.  It was nice to sit around, visit, be comfy and enjoy. 
After dinner, we got the kids in their jammies, said goodnight to Pooh and Meagan and settled in for a Christmas movie.  Seeing these two snuggle was our favorite part.  They weren't really interested in How the Muppets Stole Christmas, but it was fun to all make a bed on the ground and try to watch the movie... 
First time drinking hot chocolate.
 The next morning, the first thing Cohan said was, "Is Santa here?!" He wasn't there, but he sure did leave lots of special things for Ireland and Cohan...
 
 
As the kids continued to play, I made a big Christmas breakfast, and we watched the Christmas Day Parade.  Cohan was over the moon excited when he saw Lightning McQueen and Mater in the parade! 
Cohan got a hitch and trailer for his Cozy Coupe...
 
The rest of the day was spent in our PJs playing... 
 
It. Was. Perfect.
 
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
~Charles Dickens~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment