Our 2nd Annual Schmidt Fest was one for the books. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I love when I get to go out to my Dad's house, enjoy "country living", my siblings and just being together. I also love that my kids can run around, play outside and get a chance to bond with their cousin, aunts and uncle. It's nice not to have a schedule and just to hang out. We never do that at home! Friday we had a big cookout with family and friends. My brother then put on one heck of a fireworks show.
Clara and Kat made jello-shots...
and non-alcoholic ones for the kids...
Cohan loved taking rides in Bucko's gator with whoever would drive him...
Ireland and Cohan were NOT huge fans of fireworks... at first.
The next morning we all were moving a little slow...
but a Bloody Mary bar helped...
We did a lot of this...
It was also a beautiful day to fly a kite. I don't know who liked it more, the kids or the adults...
The weather was AMAZING!!! It wasn't so hot it was unbearable, but warm enough to take a little dip...
Sunday morning, after a delicious big breakfast, we took our 2nd Annual Schmidt Fest pictures. My children weren't cooperating, but we did get a couple cute ones. This one though, this one makes me laugh...
Thank you Dad and Chris for a fun weekend. I am excited about our vacation next summer!!
XXOO
No comments:
Post a Comment