Hold on to your tutus... this is too much cuteness for one person to handle. As you know, Ireland has been OBSESSED with being a ballerina. She thinks it is totally normal to accessorize with a tutu wherever she goes. Sometimes she adds fairy wings, but mostly she just tells people she is a ballerina.
She has woken up each day since her birthday asking if today is ballerina class. I searched everywhere trying to find a place that would give classes to a two year old. Most places needed her to be three and potty trained. Finally, as a last resort, I asked people on Facebook. Someone told me about The Academy of Fine Arts. They were offering a two year old "Pixie Class". I called and made the deadline that was that day. She was in!!!! I should have taken a video of how excited she was when I told her. While we were in Springfield, my sister and I took her to get tap shoes, ballet slippers, leotards and tights. Little miss was beyond ecstatic!!
First thing Monday morning, she woke up knowing it was Ballerina Class Day!! She was ready!!!
So I woke her up from nap early, got her dressed and she was ready for class.
Cohan was happy to carry her dance bag for her.
Icing on the cake?? Her ballerina class is in a castle.
And I need to keep repeating this mantra to myself... I will not become a dance mom, I will not become a dance mom, I will not become a dance mom. But seriously, I know I am biased, but dang, baby girl is the cutest and happiest darn ballerina I have ever laid eyes on...
Soon other ballerinas started to come and she was in heaven. This is an hour class and there are three parts; ballet, batons and tap.
She got a little spooked by something, and started to get sad, but before she had a chance, she was scooped up by the teacher. And I'm pretty sure she thought she was the bee's knees standing with the teacher.
Then, as if these little jumping, twirling and tiptoeing girls weren't enough, the little dancers were given batons. Holy hell. This was too much. So funny and she took her baton twirling so seriously.
The third part of class was tap dancing. Too stinking cute!!
And the hands on the hip?? Just an added bonus...
At the end of class, the girls sat in a circle. Each little dancer got to stand up and do a dance move. Most didn't want to. Ireland?? Yeah, she twirled and tapped and clapped for herself...
Cohan was so proud of her!! He ran in and gave her huge hugs.
That smile on your face??
You. Are. Welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment