Being home feels so good. Usually we do quick weekend trips. This time we are home for an entire week. Right now I am sitting in my mom's basement, the kids and my mom are watching Frozen and I am having a glass of wine updating pictures. There is no rush, we are hanging out and enjoying just being HOME!! I love it and so do the kids. Another perk? My sister is here!!
The kids and I left Sunday afternoon and headed to the St. Louis airport to pick up Abby!! I haven't seen her since my trip to Seattle and it's been even longer for my kids. We were all SO EXCITED to see her!!
Monday morning, my mom booked Abby and I manicures and pedicures. I loved this time with my sister (without kids) and appreciated my mom watching them so we could do this.
My mom took the kids to her friend's house to visit horses, donkey, kittens and ride a golf cart. Then we met them at the park. Cohan spotted a huge hill and wanted to hike it. They both did so just like troopers.
I LOVE watching my kids with my mom. They love her so much!! And they love the things GramMo has waiting for them when they arrive.
After a trip to feed the ducks in the neighborhood pond, MeMo came over for dinner.
I love the bonds my kids have with my mom and sister. Because my kids don't see my sister very often, it makes the time we do see them even more special.
Tuesday we headed to the water park for the day! Abby doesn't see a lot of sun out in Seattle, so she needed some sun...
Ireland loved the slides and has no fear in the water. Cohan loved the bumper boats, paddle boats and the lazy river. I love that these kiddos love the water so much.
That evening, after LATE naps, we headed to MeMo's house for dinner. My brother, sister-in-law, cousin, Ryan and his family came too. Our kids are so close in age and get along so well. MeMo lives on a golf course and the kids love running, practicing golf and just being outside. I love the energy that my kids burn.
Today, my mom had to work in the morning. Cohan has been asking to ride a bus. My mom found a historic bus tour that goes around the town to lots of historical sites. A couple years ago, my mom got Cohan a book called, Goodnight, Springfield. He LOVES it and reads it often. He wanted to see all the sites that were talked about in the book. We did so today. They were both a little unsure at first of the bus. After awhile though, they loved it.
After a bus tour and a visit to Abraham Lincoln's home, we met my mom at a local microbrewery for lunch and a couple drinks.
After naps, Cohan had his buddy over that lives in my mom's neighborhood while my sister, Ireland and I shopped for ballet and tap dance shoes and clothes for her first dance class that starts Monday.
But now, back to watching Frozen and soaking up this time...
And tomorrow?? Scott comes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment