Monday, August 5, 2013

Helmets and House Work

So, this past weekend was awesome.  It was perfect weather for playing outside and a perfect time for Scott to do some painting.  Let's be honest, it's always a perfect time to paint as long as I don't have to do it.  :) 
As summer is coming to a close, we are scrambling to finish the last of the Summer To-Do Projects that I tend to make.  This summer's projects included painting the trim in our house white.  This is a feat in itself.  I also wanted Scott to repaint two bathrooms and our bedroom.  He also tiled the kids' bathroom and changed a crap load of outlets, door handles and hinges.  We are so lucky that Scott is so handy and can do all these house projects.  

Friday, Cohan started to help paint our room...  
"Go away, Mom!!  I am very busy!"
Then Ireland joined...

After this, we were politely asked to leave.  
Apparently the kids aren't as helpful as they look.

Saturday morning, Scott painted again as the kids and I worked around the house and then ran some errands.  When we got home and woke from naps, it was PERFECT weather to be outside.  Cohan and Ireland playing outside, running, talking to neighbors and giggling together is my favorite.  I could watch them for hours (or for two minutes when Ireland tries to run away).  Of course, anything that Cohan does, Ireland wants to try.  And boy do they love when their daddy is home.  
I love weekend evenings at home with no plans but to be home together.  
And then, Cohan decided he had to have his helmet.  So of course, Ireland has to have one too.  Unfortunately, she uses Cohan's old one.  She doesn't seem to mind the dump trucks...yet.  
And seriously, who doesn't need to wear a helmet while driving a toy car?!  They wouldn't take them off.
Why not have a little evening water gun war?
Sunday evening?  Much of the same.  
These helmets are a hit around here.  Quite the trend setters these are.
A little fishing practice.
He hates when cars drive fast.  I mean, he yells slow down to them.
He likes this sign in the street.

Here are some pictures of a few projects around here.  

This is the kids' bathroom.  It's a new teal color, has a cool new storage over the toilet and Scott (as we speak) is in the process of replacing the toilet (that's pictured here) with a new shiny and clean white one.
Here's our room.  This is the corner.  We have three yellow walls and one grey one.  I still have to rehang the sconces above each lamp and get new lamp shades.  I am waiting until this weekend to have my mom help me pick those out; she's better at that sort of thing.
And here is the grey bathroom.  Our new storage unit we ordered will be in tomorrow.  And I've been searching everywhere for a shower curtain I love to go in here.  So for now, you see this.  
I am loving all the projects and changes.  Our rooms are looking brighter and cleaner.   

We are enjoying our last full week of summer.  Thursday we are headed to Springfield to visit my mom and go to the Illinois State Fair.  The kids and I are really excited.  Cohan wakes up each morning asking if today is the day we get to sleep at GramMo's house.  I am ready for some relaxing family time and having my mom help me find some of the last details to my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment