Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our Week in Review

This past week was my first week back to work.  I'm at a new school and have lots to do and learn.  I love it.  I miss my Derby family like crazy and the new school doesn't quite feel like home yet, but I know it will soon.  

Ireland started back with Ms. Alie and has done awesome.  She picked up right where she left off.  Cohan's preschool hadn't started yet, so he got to spend Wednesday and Thursday with Nanny!!  He loved every minute of it and we were appreciative of her helping us out.  Friday, Scott took off work and had a Daddy and Cohan day.  They did lots and even saw the new Planes movie.  Cohan hasn't stopped telling everyone about it.  
Cohan playing on the park in Nanny's neighborhood.
Friday, when I finished meetings and went to get Ireland, she had only slept an hour.  She was not in the best mood and this last molar is really making her a peach.  It was an early bedtime for everyone Friday.  Saturday, Ireland woke up pretty angry that the last molar was trying to mess with her normal happy self.  After some food, she was ready for the day.  Thank goodness!  It also helped when a package came full of presents for their cousin's birthdays.  They LOVE coloring and playing with empty boxes. 
Just a little car they made...
Scott was in a golf tournament and the kids and I spent the day together.  I think a day doing a little shopping, then time at home was just what we needed.  After Ireland's nap, Cohan wanted to watch the clouds.  Ireland wanted a snack.  
Boom.  We had both... 
A little afternoon cloud watchin' picnic
Earlier that morning, Cohan begged to be in the golf tournament with Scott.  He just didn't understand why he couldn't play too.  We promised him that when Scott got home, we would all go play golf and ride go karts.  It worked.  He was in heaven.  He loved putt putt until around hole 10 when someone started riding the go karts.  Game over.  To the go karts we went.  Ireland, she could have cared less about the whole trip.  She wanted to socialize with other people.  She thought of this place as more of an obstacle course. She loved dragging around her putter and ball.  It was a fun trip.

Today was a big day in our house.  Cohan had his preschool open house.  He got to meet his teacher.  Her name is Mrs. Oliver.  He walked right in to his room, started playing with toys, then looked up at Scott and I and asked why we were still there.  He was ready for us to leave.  I think he will do just fine.  His mommy however, is a total basket case. Just can't believe that my baby will be in preschool.  How did he get so big so quickly?  I am so lucky to be his mom and am so proud of the little man he is becoming. 
8-8-13
  He is in bed and ready for his big day tomorrow.  This little Superman will soar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment