Thursday, August 7, 2014

Boone County Fair and Fireflies

I have not updated the blog in forever!!  I am seeing that summer is quickly slipping away and I've been focused on our kids, staying busy, snuggling, playing and loving every second.  

I am trying to hold on to every little moment.  Each day we have something planned and it is quickly dawning on me that this is the last summer that I will have kids this age.  They are so fun and beginning to get independent.  I am thankful in some ways for that, but also missing the need for mommy all the time.  This quote keeps reminding me how quickly life is going.  Some days aren't all bubbles and laughs, but dang, they go quick.  We are living it up these last couple days off.  
Two Fridays ago, we (mostly Uncle Pooh) talked Scott into going to the Boone County Fair (this is NOT his thing).  Uncle Pooh, Aunt Meagan, Scott, the kids and I went.  Ireland was beyond excited that she was finally tall enough to ride the rides.  They did them all.  She even did her first roller coaster.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  She would scream, cry a little and laugh so hard.  She didn't know what to think.    
That night, we came home and caught fireflies.  It's the little things that make me the most happy...
I feel like every summer, right before school starts, I start to get a little weepy and sentimental.  After staying home with the kids all summer, keeping a clean house, keeping up with the laundry, cooking good food and just spending extra time together makes me realize how good we really have it.  

Two songs I have been listening to lately that make those LONG days so much shorter....

Darious Rucker - It Won't Be Like This for Long

Lonestar- My Front Porch Looking In


Life isn't always perfect, but I sure love the life we live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment