Thursday, August 20, 2015

GramMo Visits!

Much to my sadness, summer ended for me last Wednesday.  Scott took off Wednesday and spent it with the kids.  My mom came in town Wednesday night.  The kids had two full days with her while Scott and I were at work.  Those days were jam packed with as many activities as they could fit into each day.  Both days they went to Chuck E. Cheese, the mall carousel, the park and Barnes and Noble.  I loved getting texts while I was working of all their adventures.  
 
Making brownies...
Since Cohan starting watching television this summer while eating breakfast, he's become quite interested in infomercials.  I mean, he tries to get us to buy EVERYTHING.  He has his sales tactics down.  First, asks if we are 18 (apparently they say you have to be 18 or older to order), then he tells us about something we need and how it's "only two easy payments of $19.99"!!  

That whole song and dance hasn't worked on Scott and I, but he sure did get GramMo with it.  He called and told her all about the Cloud Pets that he and Ireland had to have to send messages to her.  So, of course, GramMo ordered these pets.  While she was here, they arrived.  The kids couldn't have been more excited.  He named his dog Lovie.  She has a kitten she named Bubba.  It has been really sweet to hear my mom's voice coming out of these stuffed animals and listening to the messages they send back and forth to one another.  
While my mom was here, she also did lots to help me get ready in my classroom.  I mentioned how I wanted to make a wreath for my classroom door and boom, I came home from work to her making it with all the supplies she had gone to get.  I'm so lucky. 
Anyone that knows my mom, knows she is a worker.  Her backyard is amazingly landscaped with gorgeous flowers.  Our new house had some weird landscaping.  We really wanted to rip everything out and start over.  My mom, the kids and I went and got all new flowers, shrubs and bushes.  Scott pulled out the old stuff and we are really happy with how it turned out.  

BEFORE... 
DURING (one of 3 loads)... 
AFTER...
Cohan also loved learning to blow bubbles...
We are going to miss GramMo!!!  Thanks for such a fun and busy visit!!  
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment