Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Springfield Weekend

To say that I have sucked at taking pictures this summer would be an understatement.  It really makes me sad to think about all the fun things we have done that my camera was not out.  
There are really two ways to think about it...
#1- We missed out on those pictures.  :( 
 #2- I was present and enjoying those times.  

Two weeks ago, the kids and I headed to Springfield for a weekend at home.  I didn't take very many pictures at all.  But, we had an AWESOME time enjoying being home.  

Friday, when we arrived, it was my nephew's birthday.  He chose to go to the mall and walk around.  The kids all wanted to ride the train...
and ride the carousal.
GramMo found a photo booth.  It was hilarious listening to them inside this little booth!  
When we got home. they noticed lots of ducks and geese across the street.  
Of course they had to go feed them.  GramMo and her flock! 
That night we celebrated Tayler's birthday with pizza and ice cream cake.
That night the kids all played in the backyard and house together while us adults enjoyed some cocktails and talked about my mom's amazing flower gardens.  

They are too cute together!
Saturday, we spent the whole day at the water park.  I took zero pictures, but can still hear the squeals of pure joy as they flew down huge water slides that made me nervous, swam in the wave pool and floated in the lazy river.  It was such a fun weekend.  We can't wait until next Wednesday when GramMo comes to watch the kids when I go back to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment