Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ireland Takes on Preschool

When our kids were born, people always said, "Don't blink... they'll grow before you know it."  This past week was full of milestones and big steps for our kids.  We blinked, they grew.  We keep asking them to stop, but they won't listen.  This week has tugged at this Momma's heart strings, but I've kept it together.  I am so proud of what our kids have become.

Sunday, Ireland went to her meet the teacher night at Trinity Lutheran Preschool.  She was not at all nervous, was ready to go and wanted us to leave her there.  I knew she would do great.  
GramMo photo bombed
As we were getting closer to the school, I started to get a little anxious.  Cohan had been at Trinity for the past two years.  They knew us and our family.  I had requested that Ireland have Mrs. Oliver.  She was amazing for Cohan, is so loving and made the transition so easy for him.  I knew that this might not work and told Ireland we were so excited to see who she would have. 
She got Mrs. Oliver!!  Prayers answered!!  Even better?!  Sofia is in her class!!  They immediately got out the princess castle and started playing.  Then in walked Wilson Hickey!!  She was so excited. There are also three other girls in her class that I am friends with their moms.  
We are so excited for her year!!   
Since my mom stayed and spent time with Cohan so we could make this a one-on-one time for Ireland, we decided to do ice cream with the Quintero Family after we met their teacher.  
These two can be TROUBLE!!!  
Ireland woke up Monday READY for school.  She was so excited to get there!!   
Should I be nervous face
As we walked in and got Ireland settled, we set a gift on Mrs. Oliver's counter.  When I did this I noticed she still had a framed picture of she and Cohan from two years ago.  Seeing that made it even more clear how lucky we are to have Trinity, Mrs. Oliver and so many people that love our kids.  
Before we left, Cohan showed Ireland the "wave window" where she could stand and wave each morning after she is dropped off.  She smiled and waved to us as we pulled away.  

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
~Winnie the Pooh~

No comments:

Post a Comment