Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dinner Conversation

I am not a scrap-booker.  I LOVE taking pictures, but actually print out next to none of them.  Once a year, I print this blog into a book.  It is my lazy way of scrapbooking.  The purpose of this blog is to remember these moments.  I will be the first to tell you how terrible my memory is.  I think my son is the opposite.  Seems he remembers everything.  Even sarcastic remarks Scott makes.

There for, I MUST record tonight’s dinner conversation.   It just makes me laugh.  Usually these are stories that my sister-in-law, Beth, and I text to one another... Mommy Confessions we call them. 

Tonight... no confession needed.  Just pure hilariousness.

It started with Cohan singing one of his religious songs from school.  I asked him who the Lord was. His response to me (looking at me like I was some sort of moron) was, “God.”  I asked who God was.  He told me, matter-of-factly, “He built us.”  I asked him where God worked and he told me “at the worker place.”  Then he quickly turned the questions around on me.  He asked when God decided to build him.  Well crap.  I really wasn’t sure how to answer this. 

I told him that God picked Mommy and Daddy to be his parents and then he started to build him in my tummy.  (Probably the totally wrong answer, but I was thinking on my feet here.) 

LITTLE BACKGROUND FOR YOU... Every time we talk about mommy being pregnant with him, donuts come up in the conversation.  I ate LOTS when I was pregnant with him.  I mean for an entire month I ate between one and three a morning.  Gross I know.  Scott laughs about how Dr. Welch told me to lay off the donuts when I gained 10 pounds in one month.

Back to the story...It was then that his awesome memory started working.  I was feeling pretty good about my answer.  I was ready for more questions.  But Cohan’s response to me was, “Mommy, is that when you started eating too many donuts?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment