Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall at the Farm

After our adventures in the pumpkin patch Saturday morning, we had lunch with my mom, then put the kids in the car for naps while we drove north to my dad's farm.  When we arrived, the kids went to their normal places- Ireland had a snack in an oversized chair and Cohan got his bucket of cars...
Some of my favorite memories when I was younger are at my grandparent's farm.  I love that my kids get that too.  This summer, my dad got a new toy.  It's some sort of Gator or enclosed vehicle that Cohan and Ireland LOVE to ride around the farm in.  
My dad and I took the kids up his lane to a neighbor's house.  He builds and sells fire trucks.  We just wanted to look at it, and take some pictures.  He told my dad, "No way, this kid loves fire trucks?  Let's take him for a ride!"  It was the coolest thing ever.  We strapped ourselves in and went for a ride.  Both kids were in awe.  Sirens and all.  It was awesome.  He asked if Cohan and I wanted to sit in the bucket on the ladder and extend up.  Cohan was too scared.  Maybe next time... 
The rest of the night was very laid back.  Wiener roasts, marshmallows, dinner outside and family.  
What a fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment