Monday, October 14, 2013

Fun Saturday for Everyone...

Saturday was a busy day for us.  

I woke up really early to meet friends to run my first 5k.  I am NOT a runner... I mean, I can hardly run an entire mile on my own.  I signed up to run with people from work.  I texted my sister in law, Beth (who was also running), in the morning and told her to watch for me on the side of the road as she ran by me.  This 5k was to support breast cancer.  It was inspiring watching survivors, seeing all the pink support and my adrenaline was ready.  I finished in 34 minutes.  My goal was somewhere around 50 minutes.  I know it's not a great time, but I was proud of myself for trying, doing it and never stopping.  I am hooked.  I am ready to run the 5k on Thanksgiving now!  Beth... you were right!! ;)
That afternoon, Scott and I had a friend's wedding to attend.  Uncle Pooh and Aunt Meagan watched our kids.  Cohan and Ireland were SO EXCITED for their special day with them.  They went to the park, ate McDonald's for dinner and even got ice cream!  We owe them huge and can't wait for them to have babies so we can pay them back.  Judging how much our kids love them, they are going to be awesome parents... if they still want to have kids after watching ours!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had fun with lots of friends.  It is nice to catch up and enjoy a night out...
What a fun weekend!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment