Monday, October 28, 2013

Presents for Daddy

Thursday was Scott's birthday.  He has officially reached his mid-thirties.  I like to remind him how I just entered mine.  Cohan was excited for Daddy's birthday.  He wanted to pick out presents for him and bake him a cake, so we did just that.  

I started a new tradition.  I took the kids to the Dollar Store and let them pick out their own gifts and cards for Scott.  I didn't say no to anything.  It took half and hour and I spent $16.  And the kids LOVED doing it.  Cohan also picked out a confetti angel food cake to make Scott.  They wrapped the gifts when we got home, and were beyond excited to give them to him the next day.

Cohan's presents included some sort of a "fighter helmet" (described by Cohan), a Monster University tower puzzle, Cars stickers and a race car.  Weird how they were all things Cohan would like...  
Ireland's presents included some sort of a birthday card for a grandson with a picture of a dog on it, princess subtraction flash cards, a giraffe, princess stickers and a princess puzzle.  I think it is so interesting how, on her own, she picked out such girly gifts... It's like she's wired to know she's a little girl.
Happy Birthday, Scott.  We love you more than you know!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment