Cohan started the week last week with Karate class. It went so much better!! He loved it and there were 12 kids in his class this time. He laughed the whole time.
He only turned around to look and wave to me twice. =)
Then, mid-week, the flu hit our house... bad. Alison, Ireland's babsitter was out with the flu, so we knew it was on Scott and I to share the load with Ireland. I woke up Wednesday with the flu. It hit pretty fast. I stayed home with Ireland that day. It was at about 9:30 I called Scott for help. He came and got Ireland and she spent the day at work with him. Then, Thursday, it was Scott's turn to stay home with Ireland. He got the flu that day. He called me to come get her. She came to work with me for a little while. Then, my best friend, Betsy, came to the rescue and came to get her. Poor baby girl did a lot of reading books for a couple days while mommy and daddy were sick.
As if she knew the perfect timing, the kids and I got home Thursday night from dinner with friends to a package from my sweet friend Colleen. Her son sent Christmas presents to the kids. Cohan got his first set of tinker toys and Ireland is obsessed with her Noah's Arc. It was perfect timing...
Saturday morning, all was right again in the world of health at our house and there was...SNOW!!!!
The kids were beyond excited to get out there and shovel the drive.
After naps and Christmas shopping and wrapping, we headed the back yard to play! Much to Cohan's disappointment, the snow in our yard wouldn't hold for his annual snowman with Uncle Pooh, but was perfect for a snowball fight. Ireland would have stayed out all day if we'd have let her.
I am so glad last week is over and everyone is healthy and most importantly, the kids didn't get sick. Now... four more work days and then two weeks off with the kids!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment