Each year, for the last seven years, we have gone to the same Christmas Tree Farm to cut down our tree. Last year, our tree was HUGE, maybe a little too big (my fault). The year before that, it was just Cohan and Scott and I and Cohan LOVED the tractor ride. This year, tractor rides were still a big hit with both kids, but we sized down our tree a bit.
Our day started with Scott working for the morning. This meant the kids and I were in charge of moving around the furniture to fit our new tree. Scott came home and had picked up a trailer we borrowed from Uncle Mark. Cohan LOVED checking it out. After a quick lunch with Papa H, we headed to the tree farm. The kids were ready.
On the way out, Scott and I discussed how much longer we would be able to come here. We were worried the "crop" might be getting low. From this picture, it looks like we still have a few years. The cool thing about coming here year after year is the different place they drop us off on the tractor rides. Each year, the best trees are in completely different locations. One of my favorite parts of cutting down the tree is the drive there and back. I love laughing and talking about all our past Christmas tree memories.
It was perfect cuttin' down a tree weather.
Not too cold that we froze our behinds off and not like last year, where I was sweating.
Poor baby girl kept tripping over everything around.
She thought this was hilarious and started to do it on purpose.
One favorite thing that Scott and Cohan always remember is the candy in the barn at the tree farm. We always buy a couple things. Ireland, well, she liked to suck the chocolate off her pretzels.
Our tree this year is smaller than we've ever had. It's a 7 foot, thin tree. I must admit that, at first, I was very skeptical. Now, seeing it up all decorated, I love it. I had lots of help decorating this year. She wasn't very happy when she realized these weren't dress up necklaces, but rather for the tree.
Now that our house is ready, Christmas cards are ordered and the UPS man shows up quite often with little deliveries, I am getting more and more excited for the holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment