Cohan LOVES his school. I'm beyond happy with everything they do, how much he loves it, what he's learned, the teachers and the friends he has made. Last Thursday, they had an animal program for the kids. It was so cool and Cohan really wanted me to come. I was so happy I did. He loved sitting with me, but I loved it more I think. Before he saw me, I was able to spy on he and his friends. They were seated, quietly talking, before the assembly started. His teacher had saved me a seat by her and I watched him before he spotted me. He sat with me as we learned about lots of animals. There was a baby wolf, a chinchilla, a 65 pound tortoise, a snake, a lizard and more.
These winter nights are a killer. It gets dark so early, we can't play outside and there's only so many play dates I can make in one week on school nights. My new school is an early start time, which means I get our earlier. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that, but it makes for some long evenings. We tried swimming the last couple winters, but that is really cold afterwards on car rides home, a lot of work, and not that enjoyable.
Cohan has really taken a liking to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lately. So, we signed him up for karate classes. We went for our first class and it was just he and the instructor. He loved "breaking boards" and punching and "Hi-yah-ing" things. Ireland, well, she laughed at him the whole time. I know she doesn't look amused, but she was. Promise.
This is some pretty serious stuff. These little kids know their moves. Cohan was pretty intimidated on Saturday with a couple of older kids. He freaked out, watched from my lap for a bit, then, they pulled out the balloons and he was all over it again. We will try again this week.
Even though he didn't do so great, he did earn his first belt. He was a little too shy for the ceremonial part of people cheering for him, but, we have our first belt, and an activity twice a week. :) I don't think we have the next karate kid on our hands, but they do teach some pretty awesome life skills to these kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment