Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Father and Son

Lately, Cohan is a huge Daddy's boy.

In the mornings, when he wakes up, he calls for Dad. He is always standing up in his crib, jumping. When I come in he says, "No Mommy" and sits down.

Each morning, like clockwork, when Scott leaves for work, Cohan runs to the front window and blows kisses and waves goodbye. Scott pulls out the drive, stops in front of the house and waves. I can tell the exact moment this happens because I hear a huge giggle coming from the kitchen window.

At night, when Cohan and I pull in the garage after work, he knows his Daddy is inside. He starts pointing from his car seat to the door saying Daddy. As soon as Scott comes out, they point to each other, laughing. It is one of my favorite parts of the day.

Anytime there is a choice between Mommy or Daddy, there really isn't a choice at all. Daddy always wins. I used to get my feelings hurt, but I have come to realize there is just something special between a father and son. Seeing the two of them together makes my heart smile. Complete love.


No comments:

Post a Comment